The apple orchards project
An orchard is defined as FIVE trees. The Clyde Valley Orchards Co-operative (CVOC) is a “Not for Profit” group with the key goals of creating, conserving and re-generating of orchards in the area. With increased awareness of Climate Change there is wide recognition of the positive impact of tree planting and orchards as a local food source. Whether you have a place in your own garden or are a larger scale community group we would invite you to become part of this Orchard Project.
Utilising the profits made through sale of Apple Juice the CVOC are initially funding the distribution of 200 one year Maiden Apple Trees. It’s hoped that in the future funding can increase the scale of this project.
Our Orchard Project is providing Trees and Expertise to help you develop your own orchard
Our criteria are simply that the trees are planted as a group in the Clyde Valley area, you commit to providing some fruit for the CVOC fund raising activities and you match fund the cost of the trees provided by sourcing at your own costs the relevant tree stakes/rabbit guards, etc required for the protection of the trees.
As an Individual or Family (open to non-members or current members of CVOC)
- 5 One Year Maiden Trees
- A Membership Pack
- Training Course and Talks on related topics held through the year
- We would ask you to provide at your own cost tree stakes/rabbit guards – we can help you source these.
As an Organisation or Community Group
- Up to 10 One Year Maiden Apple Trees
- A Membership Pack which gives you all the information on plantin, pruning and maintenance.
- Training COurse and Talks on related topics held through the year
- We would also ask you to provide at your owncost tree stakes/ties/rabbit guards – we can help you source these.
- We would ask you to provide apples for Apple Day and Juice Production